Brief Description of the Position
The Miami HEAT is hiring an incredibly creative Junior Graphic Designer. This is a full time position. The Junior Graphic Designer will assist in all things creative and be a core member of the HEAT design team. Candidate should have interest and experience in designing for print and interactive media. Apparel design is a plus. The Junior Graphic Designer must be able to design within the constraints of the brand identity and maintain consistency of design across each medium.
Essential Functions: The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to the items on this list.
- Collaborate on a team of designers with the ability to shift on a dime, provide and receive quality-related feedback, and ensure that brand standards are maintained consistently and deliverables provided on time.
- Build, populate, edit, and archive design files throughout the production process from concept to release, using Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator with a variety of elements including photography, product images, type, logos, apparel designs, and graphic elements as directed by senior creative staff.
- Manage ongoing file updates such as swapping in new assets throughout the life of a project.
- Work efficiently within the current workflow with respect to version control across multiple servers.
- Expedites the inevitable “rush jobs”.
- Strong understanding of layout (i.e. typography, balance, scale), specifically in respect to digital production.
Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design. Minimum 2 years experience in an agency or in-house creative team. Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite. Solid understanding of layout, typography, hierarchy, color theory, patterns and other design principles. Experience in web design, print, and packaging. Demonstrates brand/visual elements across multiple mediums in web, print, interactive, and social media assets. Ability to meet deadlines. Familiarity with HTML and CSS a plus. Illustration skills a huge plus. Excellent communication, organization and time management skills. Ability to self-manage projects. Ability to handle multiple projects and work quickly without mistakes. Familiarity with industry trends.
Please submit a link to your portfolio.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP